Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Today I have a page from one of my art journals 
to share with you.
(click on pictures to enlarge and enhance)
Often if I have leftover paint on my brush or on the back of a stencil I will just open my art journal and stick it on a blank page rather than waste it. Random testing of a new stamp, ink, or paint color is also done on these same pages. What you wind up with is a  mishmash that may or may not make an interesting background. So began today's page - here is the mishmash:
I added a layer of Ideology Tissue Wrap which is  translucent so my randomness shows through it.
Next came Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste in metallic silver through the Pink Paislee Vintage Lace Doily stencil on the left side.
Maya Road Chipboard was cut in half to make a scalloped border on the right side. The chipboard was first coated with gesso, then silver embossing paste, then black soot Distress Ink. The edges were colored black with a Faber Castell Big Brush Pen.
I added color to the butterfly, the doily, and a stem for my flowers with Faber Castell india ink markers.
 Notice how you can still see all the way down to my original mishmash!
The flowers are a stamp by Close To My Heart colored with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Sky Blue, Jasmine, and Snapdragon. The centers are colored with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste in metallic gold over yellow india ink. The bird is wood from Michael's colored with india ink markers, the wing is highlighted with metallic silver embossing paste. Some washi tape, a bible verse, and black soot Distress Ink around the edges complete the page.
 The products I've used on my page can be purchased at the eclectic Paperie online store, I've linked them all up for you!
Thanks for stopping by today! 
I appreciate your comments!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful, Teresa! I love how you used the tissue wrap to just slightly cover your pages, allowing the designs to show through...just wonderful!

Krisha said...

A very stunning page, love the bursts of color.

toni said...

This is so good !! So many wonderful layers , I'm at a loss for words it's just superb ! X

Words and Pictures said...

Great pages... you make that silver embossing paste look like a "must-have"!
Alison x

Tracy said...

Stunning artwork Teresa and thank you so much for taking us through how you put it together!!!
I love how every detail from the start still shows through.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Monique said...

Gorgeous pages. I love the layers and the birdy is just fabulous.

Bonnie Irvine said...

Your "mishmash" background looks wonderful. I like the tissue wrap which allows so much of it to peek through. I haven't tried the silver embossing paste...didn't think I needed it until I saw this :) It's gorgeous. Love the pops of colour, the sweet bird and the chipboard border. Wonderful make!

Micki said...

Awesome journal page. Love how the flowers are the focal point with the gorgeous colors.